By understanding the answer to these questions:
- Who is your ideal customer?
- When do they buy products like the ones you offer? what is the trigger?
- How does this ideal customer consume information to make such buying decisions? where do they look for information? what magazines they read? what websites they frequent? who do they ask? who influences their decision?
- What is the unique differentiation about your product? Who are your competitors? what are the alternative solutions for customers?
- How large is the market you can reach? what is your profitability per customers? How much would you be willing to spend to acquire a customer?
With these answers, the company marketing strategy becomes very clear.